A huge factor when deciding where to cowork is location. Ensuring the space is not too far of a commute or has a distinguished address or is closer to clients are all factors that play a role in determining which space is best for you.
At Brix Coworking, we have two different locations that may fit your needs, and each has unique features and surroundings.
Brix Coworking Madison
30 W. Mifflin St., Suite 800
Madison, WI 53703
Downtown Madison was our first location, opened in 2017 across from the Wisconsin State Capitol. Brix Coworking takes up the sixth, eighth, and 10th floors of the building and features a mix of flex desks, dedicated desks, private offices for one to six people, two conference rooms, lounge seating (sixth floor), phone booths, two cafes, a podcast studio and an Eleven Music Career Lounge. Members have 24/7 keycard access and off-street ramp parking.
The area directly surrounding the State Capitol includes a wide variety of restaurants, which include:
- Heritage Tavern – A classy space with old-world flair that serves upscale new American fare for dinner and weekend brunch.
- Gooseberry on the Square – A light-filled space serving breakfast and lunch selections, including coffee, omelets and sandwiches.
- The Rigby – A three-level Beatles-themed taverns with concert space offering pub food, trivia nights and live music.
- Tipsy Cow – A comfortable brewpub with outdoor seating, a large beer selection and an artful menu of burgers and bar bites.
- Merchant – An industrial-chic gastropub serving farm-to-table new American fare and craft cocktails.
- DLUX – A modern, trendy joint serving gourmet burgers and artisanal cocktails.
- Graft – A casually refined restaurant with Midwestern small plates, wine and local beer.
- The Old Fashioned – A Wisconsin-themed, retro-style tavern offering beers, brats and cheese curds sourced in state.
- Cento – A farm-to-fork Italian restaurant with housemade pasts and wood-fired pizzas.
- Ian’s Pizza – A Wisconsin-born chain known for its creative pizzas.
- The Coopers Tavern – An upscale Irish tavern serving pub food and international beer and wine.
While our coworking space itself does not include a fitness center, there are plenty of fitness options within a few blocks. Check out these studios:
If you’re looking for something to do in the area when not working, you don’t have to go far! Madison has a wealth of entertainment opportunities, which include:
Brix Coworking Monona
1574 W. Broadway, Suite 200
Madison, WI 53713
Our Monona location opened in February 2020 and is conveniently located near Hwy 12/18 (the Beltline) via the Monona Drive and South Towne Drive exits. It features a mix of flex desks, dedicated desks, private offices for one to six people, one large conference room, one huddle room, a cafe, a podcast studio and an Eleven Music Career Lounge. Members have 24/7 keycard access and free off-street parking.
Though the Monona space does feature a cafe, you’ll find plenty of other dining options in the surrounding area. These include:
- Off Broadway Drafthouse – A low-key joint with rotating craft beers on tap and American eats.
- World Buffet – A local buffet chain offering Chinese and American cuisine along with a Mongolian grill and sushi.
- Antler’s Tavern – A local pub serving classic bar food that prides itself on being “your home away from home.”
- Monona Garden – An informal, welcoming, family-style American restaurant with a menu that spans breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Cranberry Creek Cafe & Catering – A casual American counter-serve featuring homestyle dinners, big breakfasts, burgers and sandwiches, and a variety of soups.
- Breakwater – A riverside eatery with a full bar, burgers, seafood and steak.
- True Coffee Roasters – A homey coffee shop serving a variety of drinks from locally roasted beans along with simple cafe fare.
- Waypoint Public House – An airy, minimalist pub offering a menu of updated American classics, craft beer and cocktails.
Though there are fewer fitness studios near our Monona location, there are plenty of outdoor spaces that offer fishing, kayaking and trails for running. Some of the nearby spaces include:
- Planet Fitness
- Capital Springs State Recreation Area
- Esther Beach Park
- Thut Park
- Waunona Park
- Paunack Park
- Ahuska Park
Want access to both of our Brix Coworking locations? Try the Dane County Coworking Pass! This is a single month-to-month flex desk membership for up to five people that is accepted at the Downtown and Monona locations. The pass is made for individuals and companies that want to offer a work-from-home alternative remote option to their employees. It includes all of the usual amenities Brix Coworking members have come to enjoy, such as:
- 24/7/365 access
- High-speed internet
- Conference rooms
- Unlimited printing
- Phone booths
- Ergonomic workspaces
- Comfortable lounges
If you have questions or just want to learn more about what Brix Coworking has to offer, contact us today to schedule a tour. We look forward to hearing from you!